Marketing automation takes the hassle out of the administrative tasks of marketing, while giving you the tools you need to develop stronger customer relationships and deliver a personalized customer experience at scale.
Marketers can use its purpose-built tools to drive pipeline by sourcing the hottest leads and creating customized campaigns that expertly target your ideal buyer, and move them through the sales cycle to maximize the ROI of marketing programs.
For Sales, marketing automation is the bridge that aligns marketing and sales, gives them access to content they can send to leads with the click of a button. Sales will know which leads to follow up with first and spend time doing what matters: closing deals.
Marketing Automation helps you:
- Get a complete 360 degree view of prospect activity by linking data from your CRM to campaigns
- Easily identify and prioritize the hottest leads
- Nurture cooler leads until they're sales-ready so that you never miss an opportunity
- Fill your pipeline with quality leads to directly impact revenue
- Deliver a personalized customer experience
- Target buyers at every stage of the buying cycle
- Make data-driven decisions and identify new opportunities for growth
With a marketing automation platform, your sales and marketing teams can work together to create a seamless experience for your buyers. Give your sales team access to marketing approved resources and deliver on-brand content and messaging to your buyers at every stage in the sales cycle.
"45% of agencies rely on marketing automation platforms to show ROI and 42% use marketing automation to measure performance."
Advanced Email Marketing
Create beautiful emails using pre-formatted templates or a simple, visual editor. Run A/B testing, view rendering reports, and test against spam filters. Send them now, or schedule them for later. Track your success.
Set-up personalized, automated engagement tracks that free up time to focus on hot leads while preventing early-stage leads from slipping through the cracks.
Blended lead scoring and grading
Don’t waste time chasing down dead ends. Understand who’s showing interest in you, and follow up with only those meeting your ideal customer profile.
Prospect activity tracking
Understand each customer’s interest, plus use alerts to know who to follow up with in real time.
Forms and landing pages
Easily collect prospect information using forms and custom landing pages.
Gives you access to reports that tell you just how well your marketing automation campaigns are working, and where leads are coming from.
More of a visual learner? No worries, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a quick 90-second overview of marketing automation and how it can help you close more deals, faster.
Who should use Marketing Automation?
No matter the size of your business, marketing automation can give you the power to achieve your marketing goals, so the first step to understanding how it can help you is identifying what you want to accomplish.
Marketing automation gives you the tools to manage a large database of leads without missing out on opportunities. For businesses who are looking to streamline the transfer of leads from marketing to sales, improve lead quality and get in first with the hottest leads, marketing automation provides the framework you need to transform the relationship between your sales and marketing teams and empower your sales reps to sell smarter.
Challenge: Your conversion rates are dropping, but your lead database is overflowing.
Finding quality leads doesn't have to be a guessing game. With lead scoring and grading, you'll be able to determine how engaged a prospect is based on activities like interacting with content or emails, and how closely they match the profile of your ideal buyer. The Score and grade features make it easier to tell which leads to follow up with first so that you'll be able to make the sale as soon as your buyer is ready.
Challenge: You're missing out on opportunities because your reps just aren't connecting with buyers at the right time.
Powerful features like lead nurturing ensure that you won't miss out on an opportunity that isn't ready to close. These prospects can instead be passed back to marketing to be warmed up to sales-ready state. If you're frustrated by the number of lost leads or opportunities that seem to be falling through the cracks, marketing automation can give you the efficiency you need to ensure that every opportunity is maximized.
Challenge: Sales Goals and Marketing Goals are at Opposite Ends of the Spectrum
Your sales team is at one end of the building, and your marketing team is at the other, and sales is left completely in the dark about how or if marketing's efforts are impacting their bottom line. If that sounds like your business, then marketing automation might be the solution. Working together, sales and marketing can more clearly identify what an ideal lead looks like, and create a process for sourcing, passing and guiding leads through the sales funnel.
"53% of marketers say continued communication and nurturing of their existing customers results in moderate to significant revenue impact."
Sales and marketing alignment is integral to successfully implementing a marketing automation platform. Sales and marketing must work together to identify what your ideal buyer looks like, and create a streamlined cycle that will generate, nurture and ultimately convert prospects. Getting both teams on board will present a strong case to your executive team, so opening those lines of communication is the first step.
Use these steps to determine whether you're ready to implement marketing automation:
- Determine the goal for your marketing efforts. Are you focusing on generating leads and filling sales' pipeline? Are you trying to open up a new market? Are you focused on renewals and current accounts?
- Look for use-cases within your industry. How has marketing automation worked for other similar businesses? How are they using a platform to meet their overall marketing goals?
- Talk to your sales team. Find out what their automation needs are. How can they become more efficient? How can marketing better communicate with sales? Are there any gaps in your lead transfer processes?
- Talk to your C-Suite. What are the metrics that you should be using to track your performance and revenue goals? Are they different from the metrics you are using? Where do marketing's key performance indicators overlap with sales'?
- Think about your long-term goals: marketing automation isn't a static system, and should be able to grow and change with your business.
Pardot B2B Marketing Automation by Salesforce
Meet Pardot. Smarter marketing automation built on the world's #1 CRM platform.
B2B Marketing Analytics
Maximize marketing and sales efforts with advanced marketing analytics from Salesforce.
Sell smarter with Salesforce Engage, marketing automation for sales.