Start with the Future in Mind
Planning for tomorrow can be difficult when you’re just trying to make it through today. Many small and medium businesses just beginning their digital transformations opt for cheaper platforms that can get them from one day to the next, but have little to offer when it comes to taking their company’s marketing to the next level.
Having an eye on the future is the secret to making smart decisions that really pay off. While decisions may feel daunting, with the right technology, you can make more of the resources you already have. You’ll also be able to scale personalization, campaign planning, and even content creation over time — without adding more dollar signs or manpower.
How to keep an eye on the future:
Think about how your audience will change and grow.
- What new channels will they expect to engage with you in?
- What new customers do you expect to be able to find and target with the help of technology?
- How will you continue to personalize interactions with every lead and customer?
Think about how your marketing needs will grow over time. Ask yourself:
- If technology can solve a problem I face today, what new challenges might I face tomorrow?
- Can my new platform help me solve them as well?
Think about how your business will need to scale in the future. Ask yourself:
- If technology can help me bring in more leads per month, how will sales handle them?
- What tools and resources will they need?
Only by looking toward the future can you discover innovative ways to solve the challenges you face today — and choose the right tools and technologies to tackle the ones you’ll face tomorrow.