Images that are hosted within Pardot or on an outside server can be inserted into your campaign elements, including email and landing page templates.
Uploading Images in Pardot
- Click on Marketing within the left navigation and then click on Content.
- Click the hyperlink entitled Create new file.
- Name – Provide a description of the File.
- File – Click the Browse button to select the file you would like to upload.
- Upload file – Will upload the file within Pardot and create a Location URL for the hosted file.
Note: File size limit is 50MB per file.
You have three options for inserting images in your campaign elements:
Inserting Images using the WYSIWYG editor
Using the picture icon, you can insert images directly into the Pardot editor for your HTML emails and landing pages.
- Click on the picture icon to launch the Insert/edit image window.
- In the General tab, select External Image for the Image Source to insert an image hosted outside of Pardot and then enter the URL for the image. To insert an image hosted within Pardot, select Hosted Image for the Image Source and then select the image from the dropdown menu. You can also add an optional description and title for your image.
- If you would like to insert an image hosted by Pardot that is not already in the system, you can upload it in the Upload tab of the Insert/edit image window. Enter an internal name for the image, enter the path or browse for the file, and then click the Upload image button.
Using HTML to insert images
You can use an outside program to create an HTML template for your emails, landing pages or forms, and paste that code in the the Pardot editor using the HTML button. Images can be inserted within the HTML using a URL from an outside server or the Location URL that was generated when the file was uploaded in Pardot.
Inserting Images using the Landing Page Builder
You can also insert images using the Landing Page Builder. When you drag the Image icon into the editable areas, you have three options for inserting the image:
- Image Gallery allows you to insert an image that is hosted within Pardot.
- Custom Url allows you to insert the URL for an image hosted on an outside server.
- Upload image allows you to upload your image to Pardot from within the Landing Page Builder.