According to the Content Marketing Institute, “content marketing” is defined as “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
That’s quite the definition, but it may not be news to the bulk of marketers who have already had their introductions to content marketing. In fact, CMI’s 2015 benchmark study revealed that 86% of B2B marketers are producing content; however, only 35% have a documented content strategy, and 17% don’t have a strategy in place at all.
Considering that 60% of those with a documented strategy rate themselves highly in terms of content marketing effectiveness, this seems like a great starting place for marketers who are looking to optimize their content efforts.
That’s why we’ve completely revamped our Content Creation Guide to reflect the most up-to-date best practices, the latest industry research, and actionable tips and tricks for content creation. In fact, the Complete Guide provides a number of helpful checklists and worksheets to help guide you through every step of the content creation process, from goal-setting to measurement. Take a look to gain access to the following supplemental resources:
- Goal Identification Worksheet: make sure your content goals are always aligned to your overall business goals.
- Buyer Persona Worksheet: Identify questions and concerns for each of your target personas at each stage of the sales cycle.
- Basic Planning Worksheet: Start mapping out a plan by establishing objectives, content leads, potential costs, and delegation of tasks.
- Content Mapping Worksheet: Define the stages of your sales cycle to better understand where your content fits into the big picture.
- Editorial Campaign Template: Use our example template to start putting together an editorial calendar of your own.
Download the complete Content Creation Guide by clicking on the banner below!