Pardot CRM syncing now includes three new (optional) data points centered around the concept of first web touch with a prospect.
- Prospect Referrer: the full URL of the page the user visited just prior to accessing a Pardot-tracked page (a page on your website, a landing page, etc.) for the first time.
- Prospect Referrer Type: any extra details about major referrer types (e.g., Google Natural Search, Google Paid Search, Facebook, LinkedIn, and more).
- Prospect Referrer Query: the parsed keyword or query if the first referrer was a search in Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
Adding the Fields
To start syncing this data, the fields should be added to your CRM.
Simply download our latest AppExchange package and it will install the three new fields. You will still need to add them to both your contact and lead layouts if you would like them to be visible.
Similar to salesforce.com, the fields can be added by installing our latest Pardot for SugarCRM package. If you have your own install of SugarCRM, you can simply install as normal through the module loader. If you are using SugarOnDemand, load the package via the module loader but then also open a ticket with SugarCRM support letting them know to allow the package install. The package uses several methods that are not approved by SugarOnDemand’s automated scanner and they will need to manually allow it for you.
NetSuite or Microsoft Dynamics CRM
The three fields will need to be manually added. You can label them anything you would like, but the field IDs must be:
- First Referrer – Microsoft Dynamics CRM: pi_first_referrer_c / NetSuite: pi_first_referrer
- First Referrer Type – Microsoft Dynamics CRM: pi_first_referrer_type_c / NetSuite: pi_first_referrer_type
- First Referrer Query – Microsoft Dynamics CRM: pi_first_referrer_query_c / NetSuite: pi_first_referrer_query
Once they are present in the CRM, you may want to go to Administration –> Connectors and click Reverify on your connector (or you can simply wait until the next sync cycle and Pardot will automatically know to start syncing the new fields).
There are no additional form fields or custom fields to configure in Pardot as we already have this information within Pardot. It will start syncing as soon as the connector is reverified (or the next sync cycle starts).
Since we are now pushing referrer information into your CRM system, you can make some nice reports to determine the source URL (and keywords) of your leads, contacts, and opportunities. Tools like Google Analytics are great for showing where your traffic is coming from but your CRM (combined with analytics from Pardot) is a great place to see where your organization gets your revenue!