Salesforce’s third annual State of Marketing research report launched this week — and it’s full of marketing stats you’ll want to share.
Salesforce Research surveyed nearly 4,000 marketing leaders worldwide to reveal how the industry is changing — and key insights on primary marketing channels, including mobile, email, social, and digital advertising. Also inside this marketing research, you’ll learn what high-performing marketers are doing to stay ahead.
Marketing has entered the age of the customer, where customers have more information, choices, and power than ever before. The customer experience — the culmination of all brand and customer interactions — now matters more than anything. In fact, customer satisfaction is the number one success metric for marketers today.
Here are just a handful of stats from this marketing research report to give you a preview:
- 73% of top marketers say a customer journey strategy has positively impacted overall customer engagement
- Top marketers are 7.7x more likely to strongly agree they’re leading customer experience initiatives across the business
- 72% of top marketing teams will increase spending on marketing tools and tech in the next two years
- 80% of marketers agree that email is core to their business
- More than three-quarters of marketers agree that content marketing is core to their business
For more data-driven insights and industry trends, visit salesforce.com/research.