Account-Based Marketing has become one of the most talked about strategies in B2B marketing. The reason why is clear: it?s an amazing way to connect with your prospects and build stronger customer relationships. Marketing automation is one of the tools that makes an account-based marketing strategy easier and more scalable. These are my tips for how to use Pardot to target multiple accounts (instead of individual prospects).
- Explore Domain Target Advertisements. These are advertisements that go after (you guessed it) the domain you specify. As a test scenario, let?s say we want to target Wayne Enterprises. We can have advertisements that are targeted to only display for visitors who?s ISPs correlate to the same company. This will help you create a heavily targeted campaign and will ensure that you?re advertising to the right account. The advertisements themselves can then point to a Pardot landing page or another page on your website using a Pardot form or form handler. This destination page should have more direct information on the products and services you offer, and maybe a CTA or two to supporting content. It?s important to make sure that you?re including a form somewhere in this flow because your visitors need to be able to self identify so that Pardot can log their data and create a prospect record for them.
- Segment Your Audience. Now that we?ve identified visitors from our target account, we can put them into segments in Pardot to start warming them up to a sales-ready state. With an account-based marketing strategy, it?s important to work systematically to gradually build up your influence within the account. Over time, you?ll work with a diverse group of stakeholders and decision-makers, so segmenting your audience will help you ensure that you?re able to build in a deep level of personalization. For now, we will just bucket all these identified prospects from our target account into a Segment List called Wayne Enterprises.
- Create Nurtures. Using Engagement Studio, we can have everyone in this list receive a series of e-mails in a nurture effort. The nurtures will provide your prospects with a slow, steady and constant stream of information about your brand, and presents some good opportunities to start developing your customer experience.
- Set Up Simple Automation Rules. Automation rules within Pardot are one of the features that can help take the manual effort out of creating and maintaining in-depth campaigns for each of your target accounts. These give you the option to create automated actions based on your prospect?s interaction with your emails, website and content.
- Use Pardot?s Scoring Model. Pardot?s scoring and grading feature offers you the opportunity to qualify behaviors and determine what counts as engagement, as well as how closely a prospect matches your profile of your ideal buyer. This is a powerful option that can give you and your sales team the opportunity to follow up with the hottest leads first. When it comes to ABM, having this kind of insight into your prospect?s behavior is critical.
Tools like marketing automation make it possible to implement an account-based marketing strategy at scale by streamlining your lead management process and making it easier for your sales and marketing teams to work together.
Want to learn more? Get in touch with me!