Have you ever wanted to use a Pardot form on your Facebook Page? By following these guidelines, you can set up an HTML iFrame Tab on your Facebook Page that contains a Pardot form. This will allow you to capture lead data on Facebook and start (or continue) tracking activity. An example of this is our Think Outside the Inbox tab on Facebook.
To do this, you will need to be able to create a form in Pardot and access your Facebook Page as an admin. Facebook will require that your account is verified to create a new app (through your mobile number or a credit card number). Using your mobile number will have Facebook send you a text with a code to input.
Setting up the Pardot Form
In Pardot, create the form you want to use on your Facebook Page. You may want to a create specific campaign for capturing leads on Facebook. After creating your form, keep this page open so that you can access the URL later.
Setting up the Facebook Tab
- Go to developers.facebook.com.
- In the top menu bar, click Apps.
- If prompted, log in. If asked, click Allow for Facebook to use your basic info.
- In the upper right, click + Create New App.
- In the App Display Name box, type the name of your app that will be displayed to users. Leave the App Namespace box empty as it’s optional. Click the checkbox to agree to Facebook’s policies. Click Continue – at this point, Facebook will require that your account is verified.
- Respond to the security prompt.
- Scroll down to the Select how your app integrates with Facebook section. Select Page Tab.
- In the Page Tab Name box, type the name of your Facebook Tab (what visitors will see). In the Page URL box, paste the URL of your form (from the page you kept open). In the Secure Page Tab URL box, paste the URL of your form again with https:// instead of http://. You can leave the Page Tab Edit URL box empty.
- Click Save Changes. At this point, Facebook will let you know that it may take a few minutes for your app’s data to be sent everywhere.
- Open a text editor (Microsoft Word, TextEdit, etc.) and paste the following URL:
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=YOUR_APP_ID&next=YOUR_URL. The parameter
YOUR_APP_IDwill be the App ID and
YOUR_URLwill be the URL of your form.
- Go back to the Facebook Developers window and scroll to the top. Copy the App ID. Return to the text editor and paste the App ID in the
YOUR_APP_IDparameter of the URL. Also, copy the URL of your form and place this in the
- Select the entire URL from the text editor and paste it into the address bar of your browser and press enter.
- The browser will load the Add Page Tab prompt; select the Facebook Page your want your tab added to. Then click Add Page Tab.
- To see the tab on Facebook, go to your Facebook Page and choose your page tab from the navigation list on the left.