Gamma is a communications company that helps businesses talk to their customers by providing reliable voice, data, and mobile services. Gamma has two types of customers: direct businesses and channel partners that resell their products and services.
Gamma runs their B2B marketing automation on Salesforce Pardot, and recently rolled out a Conversational Marketing program to take their marketing and sales efforts to the next level. They were confident that Conversational Marketing would give their sales team a platform to engage and convert qualified website visitors and ultimately propel their pipeline forward.
Since the day they launched their Conversational Marketing program, Gamma has seen an immediate business impact. Here’s their story.
GAMMA NEEDED TO ACCELERATE THE MARKETING TO SALES HANDOFF
For years, Gamma had been doing marketing and sales the traditional B2B way. Their marketing team invested time and money building up SEO and marketing campaigns which sent qualified traffic to their website. Interested buyers were expected to fill out a form, and upon doing so, the sales team began the chase via phone and email to lock in a meeting time.
The process was painful for all parties. The marketing team had to sit on the sidelines and hope that their leads received proper attention, customers were forced down a glacially slow buying process, and sales reps had to put in a lot of work to schedule one meeting. Something needed to change.
Gamma initially explored website chatbots to improve the process, but they soon realized they needed something bigger and better than just bots; bots help companies quickly collect information, but they still send customers into the traditional lead queue. They needed a platform to identify their most important website visitors and greet them with real-time, custom sales experiences.
SALES CLOUD + PARDOT + QUALIFIED = THE PERFECT COMBINATION
When it was time to choose a Conversational Marketing solution, a strong Salesforce integration was paramount. Gamma knew that their new solution needed to seamlessly integrate with Salesforce Sales Cloud and Pardot Marketing Automation, since those are at the heart of their organization. These integrations would allow them to leverage existing customer and prospect data and make Conversational Marketing even more effective.
Gamma chose Qualified because its strong integration into Salesforce’s suite of products as well as its ability to intelligently present human-led and bot-led experiences. Before diving into the application, Gamma outlined their Conversational Marketing goals:
- Improve website engagement
- Accelerate the buying process from lead to Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) to Sales Qualified Lead (SQL)
- Book more sales meetings
- Generate more revenue
GAMMA TRANSFORMED THEIR WEBSITE INTO A PLATFORM FOR REAL-TIME CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
Gamma built out a framework for their Conversational Marketing strategy:
- Present custom experiences based on the stages in the customer journey: Since Gamma has integrated their Conversational Marketing platform with Salesforce and Pardot, they immediately know where a website visitor is in the customer journey: whether they’re an unknown visitor, known prospect, opportunity, or contact. Gamma can then serve up relevant greetings, content, and conversations based on where they are in the funnel.
- Intelligently route qualified visitors to the right team: Gamma has a variety of customers that they serve, from large enterprises to channel partners. Their Conversational Marketing platform quickly identifies if someone is important and immediately routes them to the appropriate internal team for a live conversation. For instance, website visitors who meet their ideal customer profile (real business address, over a certain size, located in the UK) are fast-tracked to the inside sales team. Whereas someone from a smaller organization might be routed to a channel partner, or someone interested in partnerships might be routed to the acquisitions team.
- Leverage bots to scale the program: Gamma has stood up bots to help capture website leads and further qualify website visitors. Bots allow them to talk with people around the clock and engage with more website visitors.
GAMMA IS GENERATING MORE PIPELINE WITH CONVERSATIONAL MARKETING
Since launching their Conversational Marketing program, Gamma has increased website conversions by 33% and they’re generating 22% more marketing qualified leads. Conversational Marketing has opened the door to more conversations and more pipeline, an accomplishment that both sales and marketing can celebrate.
TRAILBLAZER JOE LEVERSON SHARES HIS CONVERSATIONAL MARKETING VISION
We sat down with Joe Leverson, Gamma’s Sr. Digital Marketing Manager, to get his take on Conversational Marketing.
As a marketer, why are you excited about Conversational Marketing?
What’s the power of integrating your Conversational Marketing platform with Pardot?
QUALIFIED IS CONVERSATIONAL MARKETING FOR PARDOT
Qualified helps companies like Gamma engage and convert their most important prospects, right from their website. Learn more about Qualified for Salesforce Pardot or watch this demo video to see it in action.