Completion actions are a great way to automate different activities within an existing element rather than always having to create an automation rule to accomplish the same result. Completion actions are available within forms, form handlers, files, custom redirects, emails and page actions.
Completion Action Notes
- Completion actions are not retroactive and will only apply to activities moving forward once you add them.
- Completion actions execute every time the action is completed except for “adjust score” (this action only occurs once per prospect per unique custom redirect in a 24 hour period).
- Completion actions only execute for prospects (they will not affect visitors).
- Completion actions will not execute for image files.
- Completion actions will not execute for filtered activities.
- Although similar to automation rules, segmentation rules and prospect table actions, completion actions have unique functionality and are best used in certain scenarios. If you are unsure which action to use, review our Prospect Actions comparison table.
Completion Action Definitions
|Add tags||This action will apply the prospect tag(s) of your choice.|
|Add to list||This action will assign a prospect to the list of your choice.|
|Add to salesforce.com campaign *||This action will tag a prospect with the salesforce.com campaign of your choice. You will also be able to select a specific status to tag your prospects with (sent or responded).|
|Adjust score||This action will add or subtract a specified number of points from the prospect’s score beyond the default score value for that object type.|
|Assign prospect via salesforce.com active assignment rule *||This action will push a prospect to your salesforce.com active assignment rule. The prospect will be pushed to salesforce.com without an owner and then the assigned user will be pushed back down to Pardot once the active assignment rule has determined who it should be routed to. This will not reassign prospects who already have an owner, but will assign “reviewed” prospects.
|Assign to queue *||This action will assign a prospect to the salesforce.com queue of your choice. This will not reassign prospects who already have an owner, but will assign “reviewed” prospects.|
|Assign to user||This action will assign a prospect to the user of your choice. This will not reassign prospects who already have an owner, but will assign “reviewed” prospects. Accounts with verified CRMs will immediately sync a new prospect with the CRM after the user assignment and before any of the other completion actions in the sequence are performed. Please see note section below for more details.|
|Change prospect campaign||This action will change a prospect’s Pardot Campaign.|
|Change prospect custom field value||This action will change a custom field value to the value of your choice.|
|Change prospect default field value||This action will change a default field value to the value of your choice.|
|Create salesforce.com task *||This action will allow you to create a task in salesforce.com with a Subject, Assigned To, Priority, and Status. You can optionally add a Due Date, Reminder Date, and Comments. If the prospect only exists in Pardot (no Lead or Contact record in salesforce.com), the task will not be pushed up to salesforce.com unless you assign them (to a user, a queue, a group, or active assignment rule).Usage note: task type is set within salesforce.com.|
|Increment prospect field value||This action allows you to add to or subtract from values for number fields (only number fields will appear for this action).|
|Notify assigned user||This action will notify the prospect?s assigned user of their activity.|
|Notify user||This action will notify the user of your choice.|
|Notify user via Twilio (phone)||This action will notify the user of your choice by phone if the Twilio connector is verified.|
|Remove from list||This action will remove a prospect from the list of your choice.|
|Remove tags||This action will remove the prospect tag(s) of your choice.|
|Send autoresponder email||This action will send a prospect the email template of your choice.|
|Set profile||This action will set a prospect’s profile to your selected choice.|
|* Note: These actions are only for salesforce.com connector enabled accounts. For salesforce.com campaigns and tasks, this data will be pushed into salesforce.com during a sync, which typically takes place upon an assignment for net new leads or on set intervals for records that already exist in salesforce.com.|
- To change the default task type in salesforce.com, go to Your Name > Setup > App Setup > Customize > Activities > Task Fields. Click on ?Type? standard field. Here you have a list of available picklist values. Click ?Edit? next to the ?Email? value and enable ?Send Email Default? field.
- Any completion actions (such as changing a field value) for a new prospect should happen before the prospect is assigned action or else the prospect?s default CRM values will overwrite the changed field value on the next CRM sync.
- If you include an action to?Notify assigned user? or ?Create salesforce.com task? in the same set of rules with ?Assign prospect via salesforce.com active assignment rule? the system will notify or create a task to the connector user without waiting for your CRM to assign the prospect. Instead we recommend creating a separate automation rule (not set to execute in real time) to notify assigned user and/or create a task after the form submission is successful.