- Add Rating Stars to your Saleforce Lead and Contact layouts
- Using RingLead and Salesforce Web-to-Lead Forms to Deduplicate Leads and Contacts
- How do I copy Salesforce account fields to contact fields?
- Installing Add to Pardot List Button
- Integrating Pardot with Salesforce Web-to-Lead forms
- Can I tie multiple Pardot and Salesforce accounts together?
- Advanced Salesforce Syncing Options
- Setting up Salesforce Person Accounts for Pardot Syncing
A simple integration allows you make use of salesforce.com’s forms for campaign and source tracking as well as Pardot’s micro-level web analytics. The integration allows for a dual post of form data to both salesforce.com and Pardot nearly simultaneously.
- Click on Marketing in the left navigation.
- Click on Form Handler in the resulting sub-navigation.
- Click Create new form handler, which is in the upper right corner of the Form Handler table.
- Enter an internal Name for the Form Handler that will not be displayed to visitors.
- Select a Campaign with which to associate the Form Handler.
- Enter the URL for your salesforce.com post address as the Success Location. Typically this will look something like https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8
- Enter the page on which the form currently resides for your Error Location. Visitors are redirected here upon a submission error.
- Enable Data Forwarding by checking the applicable box. Once Pardot receives the post, the exact same data post will be transferred to the location specified as the Success Location.
- Optionally add Completion actions or an Autoresponder email (alternatively this could be sent via salesforce.com’s web2lead form) and users to be notified upon submission.
- Select the Pardot Prospect Field that should be used to record data submitted to this field. You also have options under the ‘Basic’ tab to make the field required or change its Data Format. Under the ‘Advanced’ tab you can set the error message of the field and whether the field should be enabled to ‘Maintain the initial value upon subsequent form submissions’ or not. Click Save.
Note: for fields that allow multiple values to be entered such as checkboxes and multi-selects, you will need to add a  after each input name. For example, an input name of software would be entered as ‘software’
- For each input field on the target form that will be captured, click Add Another Field and repeat steps 13-14 until you have added all of the fields you wish to include in your form handler.
- Save your form handler and click on the name of your newly created form handler.
- Click View form handler code to see the post address for the form handler.
In Your salesforce.com Web2Lead Source Code:
- In your HTML for the Web2Lead form, change the post URL to the Pardot form handler URL that you learned by clicking View form handler code.
- Then change the return URL to be the URL of your confirmation page, where the visitor will be redirected upon submission.
- Keep the rest of the source code as is.
- Your form submissions will now post to both salesforce.com and Pardot nearly simultaneously. Salesforce.com posts do have a slight delay and you may see data in Pardot a few minutes before the lead appears in your CRM system.