A company blog is a great tool that can position your business as a leader in your industry. Your blog can be a wonderful resource to those looking for more information about your industry, which in turn leads to new prospects. It’s also a great way to stay in touch with those customers that are most likely to be your product evangelists.
But now that you have a blog loaded with great and informative posts, how do you take the next stop and build your followers? After all, if a tree falls in the woods and there’s no one around to hear it…er…you know what I mean. Here are a few tips to help you build your followers:
1) Promote it. Sending out an email to your colleagues, friends, and customers is an easy way to let them know about your blog. Additionally, commenting on other people’s blogs and linking back to a relevant post on your own blog is a great way to get new eyes on your blog.
2) Write frequently. It may seem obvious, but writing a blog post 2 or 3 times a week, versus once a week, dramatically increases followers. Try to keep your posting schedule consistent so your readers know when to expect new content.
4) Optimize your blog posts for SEO (keyword rich copy, proper titles, keywords, etc).
5) Follow other blogs! Don’t be afraid to comment on other blogs that you find interesting (Never leave a negative post though! That can lead to all kinds of negative ramifications).
6) Add a ‘ShareThis’ button and an RSS feed to your blog posts so that it’s easy for your followers to share your content. Enable following in your blog so that others can easily subscribe to it.
7) Add it to your email signature as a link to create a quick, easy way to remind people about your blog.
These are just a few of the countless ways to increase your blog’s popularity. Are there any others that you’ve found that work well? Share your recommendations with us, we’d love to hear more.