We have had single sign-on (SSO) with salesforce.com and SugarCRM (CRM to Pardot) for quite some time. However, to enable this, you (or your sales users) had to enter their CRM credentials into Pardot at least one time and click verify. That was a hassle if you had a large sales team, sales reps who did not have access to their CRM passwords (e.g. you use an identity management platform), etc. You also needed to reverify if your CRM password changed. This was a pain for organizations that frequently rotate passwords (often required).
Now Administrators can enable SSO for their users without ever having them enter credentials into Pardot. They will simply be logged into Pardot if they are logged into salesforce.com and SugarCRM so they will be able to see Pardot activities on the lead/contact record without ever seeing a login screen.
- This only works for SugarCRM & salesforce.com
- The users must have a valid CRM username set in Pardot (you can do this when you create the user manually or via bulk import).
- The user does NOT have to be activated in Pardot (ie.. if they’ve never logged into Pardot before, no problem).
How do I perform this magic?
- You can enable SSO directly from a user’s profile in Pardot.
- You can enable SSO when importing new users.
- You can enable SSO from the users table by selecting them and choosing the ‘Enable single sign-on with CRM’ option in the batch actions dropdown.
How do I know who has SSO?
- You can look at a user’s profile.
- In the users table, you will see a new key icon next to users with SSO enabled.