Profiles are used to grade your prospects based on your ideal customer profile. You can set criteria such as location, company size, job title, and other factors that you will use to tier your prospects before assignment. Pardot starts you with a default profile but you may edit its criteria or create any additional profiles that meet your business needs. You may also use multiple profiles if you target several different audiences. For example, you may have different grading criteria for your technical prospects and your executive prospects.
Pardot has several options for setting your prospect profiles:
- You can change a prospect’s profile manually by editing a prospect and selecting a profile from the profile field’s drop down menu.
- You can set your forms or form handlers to automatically set a prospect’s profile to the one you specify in your form setup.
- You can change a prospect’s profile by creating an automation rule that is triggered by a particular event. This event could be entering a specific job title or department on a form, being added to a particular list, etc.
- Deleting profile criteria will cause all prospects affected by that criteria to be regraded.
- You cannot rename or delete the Default profile.