Connectors allow Pardot to sync with third party applications such as a CRM system, paid search platforms, or email marketing solution. Data is passed back and forth between the two applications, allowing you to manage many marketing channels from within Pardot. As an AppExchange certified solution, Pardot can sync with Salesforce Professional Edition accounts or higher.
Before You Begin
- If you are establishing your Salesforce connector for the first time and want to connect to a sandbox account, you can follow the instructions here to install the Pardot AppExchange Application and get your sandbox set up.
- Pardot can integrate with Salesforce Person Account record types. This is an advanced Salesforce syncing option. Please contact your implementation contact or Pardot Solutions to enable this integration for your account.
- Importing large numbers of new prospects requires initial sync with Salesforce to complete in order for the delete or email update trigger to take place.
- Changes to records in Pardot and Salesforce should be synced within 10 minutes (usually faster). There are 4 jobs that each process up to 200 records every 10 minutes, which means a total of up to 800 records can by synced every 10 minutes (or up to 4,800 every hour). For more information, review What Triggers a Sync with Pardot and your CRM? and When are leads synced with the CRM?.
Or, you can jump right in — these articles will walk you through getting your Salesforce Connector set up and running:
Getting Started with The Salesforce Integration
Setting up the Salesforce Connector
Installing and Updating the Pardot AppExchange Application
Getting Custom Fields to Appear in your Salesforce
Mapping your Lead Fields to Contact Fields
Adding Send to Pardot and Send Pardot Email to Salesforce Layouts
Adding Send to Pardot List to Salesforce Campaigns
Checking Salesforce Security Settings for VisualForce Pages
Testing Your Salesforce Connector
Importing Salesforce Leads and Contacts
Advanced Syncing Topics
Connecting to a Salesforce Sandbox
Salesforce Connector Troubleshooting
Note: The release history of the Pardot AppExchange Application below was compiled retroactively and may not be complete.
- November 18, 2013 – Name 4.3, Number 1.28 Added the following Visualforce lead and contact fields: Pardot Activities Mobile, Pardot List Membership Mobile and Pardot Social Data Mobile for mobile integration with the Salesforce1 app.
- September 13, 2013 – Name 4.2, Number 1.27 Added fields that capture Pardot visitor/prospect conversion data (conversion date, conversion object type, and conversion object name)
- December 17, 2012 – Name 4.0, Number 1.25. Added ability to send tracked Pardot emails from the Salesforce lead or contact record.
- August 21, 2012 – Name: 3.9, Number: 1.23. Corrects an issue with the activities iframe for prospects with ‘+’ characters in their email addresses.
- November 8, 2011 – Name: 3.7, Number: 1.21. Resolves issue where clicking the “Send to Pardot” button after updating an email address in Salesforce was creating a new record in Pardot.
- July 22, 2011. Email changes in Salesforce now sync down to Pardot.
- May 9, 2011 – Name: 3.4, Number: 1.17. Includes an updated version of LeadDeck.
- March 14, 2011. Includes the Pardot Lists VisualForce element, which enables list management in the CRM.
- January 7, 2011 – Name: 3.2, Number: 1.15. Includes trigger to stop syncing deleted leads and contacts.
- - Name: 3.1, Number: 1.14
- October 30, 2009 – Name: 2.7, Number: 1.8. Activities section was changed from an S-Control to a VisualForce Element.
- May 5, 2009 – Name: 2.5, Number: 1.7. Includes fields for Google Analytics parameters.
- April 17, 2009 – Name: 2.4, Number: 1.6.
- November 30, 2007 – Initial release!