Pardot’s form wizard lets you create a customized form in seconds. Use forms on your website to collect information about visitors and turn anonymous visitors into identified prospects.
Use this article for in-depth coverage of each Form Wizard option and step.
Naming and Tagging your Form
Basic organization for your form, including name, tags and campaign.
- Choose a Name for your form (this is internal-only).
- Optional: Add Tags (separate multiple tags by commas).
- Select a Folder.
- Select a Pardot Campaign for your form from the dropdown menu.
- Click Next.
Choose, Order, and Customize your Fields
Choose your fields, if they’re required, and if they should always display every time you see the form (among other options).
- To add fields, click Add Another Field.
- Using the arrow handles, drag and drop your fields to arrange them.
- Edit the settings (required, always display, etc.) for the field with the pencil icon. For more information on field settings, see Form Fields.
- When finished, click Next.
Styling Your Form
The “Look and Feel” section of the form wizard gives options for styling your form. If you’re interested in more advanced options, check out our series on CSS for Forms.
- Layout Template: Select a Layout Template for your form’s layout and appearance. In most cases, the Standard Layout Template will suffice. Talk to your web developer if they’ve helped make a template that uses custom CSS to style your form a particular way.
- Submit Button Text: Define the text that will show on the submit button on the form (e.g., “Download the Buyers Guide”). If want your submit button to be an image, use this advanced method.
- Form Content tabs: enter the copy you want to show above and below the form, and specify the basics for how your form fields and labels will be styled:
- Above Form tab: Information to be displayed directly above the form.
- Below Form tab: Information to be displayed directly below the form’s submit button.
- Styles tab: Controls the look and feel of form elements such as fonts, label alignment and checkbox alignment without the need for custom CSS. This may not be necessary if your Layout Template specifies styles for your form.
- Advanced tab: Options to control the way your form behaves, how it tracks prospect activities, and how it protects against spam bots.
- Enable Kiosk/Data Entry Mode to collect form data without applying a prospect cookie to the browser.
- Choose the “Not you?” link to allow visitors to refresh a form that’s been forwarded to them from another prospect.
- Enable explicit bot protection using reCAPTCHA to add an additional human verification element if you’re having issues with spam bots.
Show Thank You content, and take actions on your prospects when this form is complete.
- Thank You Content: displays in place of the form immediately after a prospect clicks the submit button.
- Always display form after submission: By default, a prospect who fills out a form and then returns to the form page within a 10 minute window will not see the form again and will instead see the Thank You Content (or be redirected based on your other settings). This option disables that 10 minute window.
- Redirect the prospect instead of showing the form’s Thank You Content: Select if you want a prospect redirected to a particular page without the Thank You Content displaying at all.
- Completion Actions: take action on your prospects or take action within Pardot as soon as the form is submitted by adding Completion Actions to the form. Completion actions are not retroactive for prospects who filled out the form before you add a completion action. The following example shows how to send an autoresponder email; check out our full list of completion actions.
Confirm and Save
Review your form’s settings, preview, and take the plunge.
- Preview Form: Click Preview Form at the bottom of the confirmation page to get a glimpse of how your form interacts with your Layout Template, and how the styles you applied in Step 3 of the wizard look.
- Confirm & Save: Click to save your form. Your form is now live and hosted on its own Pardot URL!
Not what you were looking for? Check out related articles: