With Pardot Social Posting, you can schedule and simultaneously post updates to multiple Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn accounts and gather insight on link clicks, replies, comments, retweets, and likes. When you include a link beginning with http:// or https:// in a Pardot social post, Pardot re-writes the link as a trackable link with your company’s custom bit.ly pro URL (if applicable).
Social Message details allow you to see a list of prospects who clicked a link in your post, on which social media channels you received the most clicks, and how the number of clicks on your posts increased or decreased over time. Social post clicks are visible as prospect activities on individual prospect records.
- Navigate to Administration > Connectors.
- Click + Add Connector.
- Under Social Posting Connectors, select the type of account you would like to connect — Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- You will see a screen with instructions on how to verify your connector; click Create connector.
- Click (verify now).
- You will be redirected to a login screen for your Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn account.
- Verify that the login information matches the account that you would like to connect and click to allow access.
- To add a Facebook company page:
- Navigate to Connectors.
- Click the Facebook connector Action wheel icon (to the right).
- Click Edit.
- Select the company page from the Post As dropdown menu.
- Repeat steps above for any accounts that you would like to connect to Social Posting.
- There is no limit to the number of Social Posting connectors you create.
- You may want to disable auto-posting between accounts before using Pardot Social Posting.
- If you post with Social Posting to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and are using auto-posting to connect any of the same accounts, the same message will post twice to the same account.
- An exception to this is if you’d like to post to your LinkedIn company page or Google + account or page.
- Pardot does not currently support connectors for LinkedIn company pages or Google + accounts, but you can use auto-posting to share Pardot Social Posts on these pages.
- Clicks on tracked links from auto-posts will be associated with the account that is directly connected to Pardot.
- When Pardot rewrites a link to bit.ly, these links will be uniquely rewritten depending on the social connector that the URL will be posted to (ie Facebook and Twitter).
- Since the bit.ly links may be different, we rewrite the links upon posting.
- You will not see the bit.ly link populated before then but the character count will be adjusted.
- Pardot will use your custom bit.ly account URL if you already have the bit.ly Connector set up. If not, Pardot will create a standard bit.ly URL.
- Social Posting is available to Administrator and Marketing roles only.
- When making a post, we will count down from 140 the number of characters in the post.
- This 140 character limit only applies to Twitter, and does not apply to Facebook or LinkedIn.
- We recommend that you limit your content to 140 characters so that you can more easily share on Twitter; however, if you are not posting to Twitter, your posts can exceed this 140 character limit.
Scheduling a Post
- Navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click + Add Social Post.
- Draft your message — you can use the icons on the top right to attach multiple links, Pardot hosted files, forms, or landing pages.
Note: Posts must be at least 3 words in length and only links beginning with http:// or https:// will be re-written as tracked links.
- Click the More options link under the message to associate the post with a Campaign, add Tags or schedule the post.
- Above the message, select the Account(s) to which you’d like to post.
- Select Post Now to post immediately or Post Later to schedule a date and time for your post.
Reviewing Social Messages
- Navigate to Marketing > Social.
- Click the name of the post that you would like to review (under Message).
- View Social Message Details to see Sent at, Sent with, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Replies/Comments, Retweets/Likes.
- View Prospect Clicks table for a list of identified prospects who clicked links in your post.
- View a graph of Link Statistics to review your post’s performance over time.
The number of Clicks, Likes, Replies, and Comments, and the Sent At date and time are available under Reports > Social. Clicking on the name of a Message will take you to the Details page mentioned above. The results should be interpreted as:
- Clicks = The total number of clicks for all links included in social posts.
- Unique clicks = The number of unique prospects that clicked on links included in social posts.
- Replies / Comments = (Twitter Replies + FB Comments + Linkedin Replies)
- Retweets / Likes = (Twitter Retweets + FB Likes + Linkedin Likes)