Creating / Editing Page Actions
- Navigate to Admin in the top navigation.
- Mouse over Automation Settings in the resulting sub-navigation.
- Click on Page Actions.
- Your current page actions will be listed. Click +Add Page Action or click on the action gear on the right hand side of the Page Action you would like to edit or delete. Select Edit in the drop down you’d like to update an existing page action. Select Delete if you would like to delete the existing page actions.
- Name the Page Action (this will show up in email notifications about the action).
- Enter the full URL of the page on which to apply the action. Note the page must be a valid URL and have Pardot tracking code on it.
- Choose a score you would like to apply to anyone viewing the page. Pages default to a score of one so changing the value will be instead of the default one point.
- Designate whether or not activity on this page should show up as a Priority Page (e.g. called out separately in prospect activity from other page views).
- Choose any completion actions to apply to prospects accessing the page.
Note: Completion actions (other than score) will only be applied if the person accessing the page is already tracked as an identified prospect (e.g. anonymous visitors browsing your site will not trigger the actions). Like other completion actions, actions are not applied retroactively. They happen as the page is accessed. If an anonymous visitor who previously accessed the page later becomes cookied by filling out a form or clicking a tracked link, the visitor session will be tied to the prospect record and this prospect will appear in the page action report even though the completion actions will not be applied. In this scenario, the page action will also appear in the prospect audits but will not appear in prospect activities.
Viewing a Page Action
Clicking on the name of a Page Action will display the page’s settings as well as any prospect who has accessed since you have set it up. Note that it will not display prospects who may have accessed the page before you set up the Page Action.
- Currently we are limiting accounts to 25 active page actions and will re-evaluate as we go forward. We have seen some analytics apps not put any caps on this type of processing in the past and grind to a halt and we want to ensure that Pardot clients have the best possible experience in terms of speed and scalability.
- Page actions can be made from non-visible pages, pages requiring a login and pages that do not have Pardot tracking code appended. However, the page action will only fire if the Pardot tracking code is found on the page.
- Only one page action notification will be triggered per prospect per page per hour. If one prospect hits a page with a page action, a notification will then be sent to the designated user. If they return to that same page within the one hour time frame, a second notification will not be triggered. However, if the same prospect hits a separate page with a page action, that page action notification will trigger.