Here at Pardot we take security precautions as top priority and will continue our efforts to keep our clients’ information safe. Following are various links to pages and posts that help provide more insight into these measures. Click here for Pardot’s Trust and Compliance documentation.
Pardot’s application security includes:
- Strong Passwords: consisting of a combination of Upper Case, Lower Case, Numbers and Special Characters
- Password Expiration: Passwords can be set to expire every 90 days
- IP Location-Based Login Protection: A user with a valid user ID and password must still “Activate” his or her location by receiving a system-generated email from Pardot which will contain an activation link. For more details see: IP Location Activation.
- IP Whitelisting: If you turn on IP Location-Based Login Protection and set it to Restricted, only users from whitelisted IP addresses will be able to access the account. For whitelisting management instructions, click here.
- Single Sign On with Salesforce: Single Sign on with your Salesforce CRM instance helps you effectively manage user access to resources, and lets you to take advantage of the additional controls that Salesforce has provided for SSO, such as SAML integration. Please note that SSO is only available to current Salesforce CRM users. See this article for more on SSO.