Pardot provides a default scoring system for online activities such as clicks, visits, form submissions and more. While we find that most of our clients will be fine with the baseline scoring rules, we realize that not all businesses are the same and have provided custom scoring rules.
- Navigate to Admin in the top navigation.
- Mouse over Automation Settings in the resulting sub-navigation.
- Click on Scoring Rules
- Your current scoring rules will be listed. Click Edit Scoring Rules to change any of the rules.
- After adding a rule, the approximate (may change as prospects have activities while you are still setting rules) number of prospects affected will be displayed.
- Click Save changes to save the rules and have them start running on your prospects.
- Rescoring all of your prospects will happen in the background and will take time to finish. You will receive an email notification upon completion.
- Rescoring prospects will set them to sync with your CRM system. Any assigned prospects who are not present as leads or contacts in your CRM system will be created as new lead records when syncing takes place. If you had previously performed a mass delete of assigned records in your CRM but did not delete these same records in Pardot (or mark them as unassigned), this may result in a large number of “new” leads being created.If you think this might be the case, we highly recommend disabling any new lead notifications that your CRM system might generate and to re-delete any unwanted records once syncing has finished. The most recent versions of the Pardot salesforce.com and SugarCRM packages send down signals to Pardot to let it know not to try to resync deleted records but that does not work with historical deleted records, only those deleted going forward (and only if you have installed the package).
- Be aware that changing scoring rules such that they increase prospect scores may trigger automation rules who have scoring conditions.