We’re so excited to be welcoming many members of the Pardot family to Connections 2016! Seeing so many of our favorite customers, partners and fellow Salesforce employees in our hometown is just the best. Don’t miss our Pardot Keynote on Wednesday, May 11th, at 3pm, where you can snag a limited-edition Pardot Atlanta hoodie for your swag collection. Also, stop by and hang out with us in the B2B Marketer’s Backyard in the Cloud Expo, we’d love to meet you. We can talk about Pardot, trade marketing strategy tips, or just pile into the photo booth, flash those pearly whites, and create some Connections memories!
If you’ve been around for a while, you may know that Pardot was founded in Atlanta. That means we’re kind of experts on this town. We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite spots near Downtown, in case you want to get out and explore the city while you’re here!
Need places to eat around the World Congress Center? Check out these recommendations, all within a 10 minute drive (and some within walking distance).
- Twin Smokers for awesome barbecue and drinks.
- Staplehouse for an amazing meal that gives back to the community with each meal through supporting The Giving Kitchen.
- Empire State South for incredible food from Top Chef judge and James Beard-nominated Hugh Acheson.
- Miller Union for an amazing fresh vegetable-focused meal with seasonal ingredients from James Beard-nominated Steven Satterfield.
- Alma Cocina for delicious Latin American food – walking distance!
- Busy Bee Cafe for the best fried chicken and soul food in Atlanta.
- White Oak Kitchen for great Southern food done well, as well as cocktails.
- Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken for their critically-acclaimed hot chicken and homestyle sides – walking distance!
- West Egg Cafe for great breakfast and lunch.
- Arepa Mia for delicious Venezuelan food and tasty arepas!
- Ecco for tasty Italian food, with fresh, homemade pastas.
Want some great places for drinks?
For craft beer:
- Cypress Street Pint and Plate
- Monday Night Brewing (Check website for tour hours)
- Orpheus Brewing (Check website for tour hours)
- World of Beer
- Polaris for nice drinks under the blue dome. Located inside the Hyatt Regency – walking distance!
- Grain for great, innovative cocktails.
- Proof & Provision for great cocktails and charcuterie in a cool underground space.
Need a ride around town?
We’ve got Uber, Lyft, and MARTA, our public transit system which includes multiple bus and train stops near the Georgia World Congress Center.
Staying for the weekend? Here are some other interesting things to check out while you’re in Atlanta.
- Ponce City Market – Great renovation of old Sears building that includes a great food hall and other businesses.
- Krog Street Market – Small local market that has a great food hall, great craft beer, and nice little local businesses.
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights – Museum dedicated to the achievements of both the civil rights movement in the United States and the broader worldwide human rights movement. Walking distance!
- Georgia Aquarium – The world’s largest aquarium, with lots of great sea life to view. Walking distance!
- MLK Historic Site – Celebrates the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. and includes a tour of important buildings from his life.
Need even more Atlanta info? Tweet me at @jasondominy and I’d be happy to help you out. Hope to meet each and every one of you next week!